Ferrette - Ferrette
A small town huddled at the foot of a castle, the borough of the powerful Counts of Ferrette is nestled in the foothills of the Alsatian Jura... This town with a prestigious past will charm you with its narrow and romantic paths that lead to the lofty ruins of Ferrette Castle and the mysterious cave of the Dwarfs, the site of a famous legend.
Everything in the town refers to the history of the Counts of Ferrette who founded the most powerful seigneury, reigning with quasi-sovereign status for nearly two centuries during the Middle Ages. Today, Prince Albert II of Monaco still bears the title of Count of Ferrette because of his Grimaldi ancestor's marriage in 1777 with the heiress of the Mazarins.
Discover this charming little town, its castle, its church and its listed town hall, the Tourist Information Centre, numerous hiking trails, and its hidden Dwarfs' Cave at the foot of an impressive limestone gorge.
Things to do:
- Ferrette Walk, the castle and the Cave of the Dwarfs: 4.5 Km / 2h30. Download Topoguide here
- Discovery tour of the old town and castle: allow between 90 minutes and 2 hours and wear appropriate footwear.
- Castle visit: 45 / 60 min. Pedestrian access 15 minutes from the Tourist Information Centre car park. Good shoes required. Hiking guide to discover the castles of the Alsatian Jura: € 3
- Night Tour of the city and castle, every Wednesday evening during the summer.
- Access to Rossberg Panoramic Tower: 30/45 min round trip from the parking area of the camper van site in Ferrette. Possibility of a larger circuit from Ferrette or Old Ferrette.
- A fun walk is offered to families via the ""Trail and Treasure"" smartphone application.
1A rue de la Première Armée
Tél : 03 89 08 23 88