CITY OF MARCKOLSHEIM

CITY OF MARCKOLSHEIM

© balloides photo
© marckolsheim
© marckolsheim
© marckolsheim

City of Marckolsheim - Marckolsheim

The town of Marckolsheim first belonged to the Habsburgs, then to the bishopric of Strasbourg. In 1299, Emperor Albrecht of Habsburg granted the town the status of a city. Walls were built at the beginning of the 14th century. The city is an important centre of commercial and industrial activities, almost completely razed to the ground during the German attack of June 1940. Today rebuilt, it is a very pleasant small town with a lot of flowers. The inhabitants are called the Marckolsheimers. The coat of arms represents a wolf, which reminds either the etymology of the name of the town or the presence of this animal in this region.

13 rue du Maréchal Foch
67390 Marckolsheim

Tél : 03 88 92 56 98

  • Description

Description

Altitude (m): 176 m

Classification Flowered Villages: 4 flowers

A proximité (5 Km)

Search for cycle trails
EuroVelo routes
Cross-border routes
Label Accueil vélo
Luggage transport
Cycle holidays organizers
Packages
Must-sees
Visits
Museums
Bathing places
Cities and villages
Wine cellar visits
Bike rental
Bicycle repair
Informations panel Alsace à vélo
Battery charging station
Events and exhibitions
Roadworks infos
Bike and cycling events
Tourist offices
Train stations
Rhine ferries and bridges
TMV® Vosges Mountains mountain bike trail
Bike park

Retrouvez toute l'information touristique
sur www.visit.alsace
Visit Alsace