Strasbourg gate - Selestat
Built in 1679, this impressive building in freestone, bricks and pink sandstone is the only remnant of the fortifi cations designed by Vauban and achieved by Tarade. Louvois, a minister of the Sun King laid the foundation stone by sealing a lead casket with the record of the ceremony of coins and medals in the left jamb. The former passageway was blocked and a plaque commemorating the siege of the town supported by the Commanding Offi ce Schweiguth was put on June 10th 1919.
Place de la porte de Strasbourg
Tél : 03 88 58 03 08
Gare la plus proche